In case we extend with new features or services, the policy will be updated. Please revisit periodically to see the up dates. By accessing and using the website for our Services, you consent to the collection, storage, and use of the personal information you provide (including any changes provided by you) for all the services we provide.
The company respects consumer privacy. Data on SME Technology Development Council website will be collected through website navigation, feedback submission, consumer support contact or analytical information tracked as part of website usage. Fields related to name, contact information, company URL, name etc. will be collected from consumers and SME’s who wish to interact through our website./p>
The data provided by consumers directly or indirectly will help us to improve the Services& features that we provide you in a user-friendly experience. All required data is service dependent, and SME Technology Development Council may use the data to, maintain, protect, and improve the Services (including advertising and personalization on the Sites) and for developing new services. We may also use your email address and phone number or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages about our Services and/or such additional updates and features about third-party products and services with an option to subscribe/unsubscribe (where feasible).
We may also use your email address or phone number for sending non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes, for customer service purposes, etc.).
Any personally identifiable information provided by you will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and/or accessible in the public domain like any comments, messages, blogs, comments available on SME Chamber of India social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.
Any posted/uploaded/conveyed/communicated comments by users on the public sections of the website or social channels becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Policy.
SME Technology Development Council may share your data with any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the user in the following limited circumstances:
- When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including but not limited to cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offenses. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms or for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- SME Technology Development Council proposes to share such data to conduct its business and to share such data within its subsidiaries, officers, and employees, for the purpose of processing personal information on its behalf. We also ensure that these recipients of data agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- SME Technology Development Council may present data to our advertisers and third parties – to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our site – however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site.
- SME Technology Development Council may share your data to enforce or protect our rights or any or all of its affiliates, associates, employees, directors, or officers or when we have reason to believe that disclosing Data of User(s) is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or our website/apps, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
- There will be no transfer of consumer data available to SME Technology Development Council, internationally; unless SME Technology Development Council starts international operations or is required by Indian law to share consumer data explicitly to international agencies.
SME Technology Development Council will take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Data will be stored on our cloud database or in our own hosting setup. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database (dependent on our service provider), nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. And, of course, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas is available to anyone with Internet access.
Updates to Policy
The internet is an ever-evolving medium. We may alter our Policy from time to time to incorporate necessary changes in technology, applicable law or any other services rendered. In any case, we reserve the right to change (at any point of time) the terms of this Policy or our Terms & Conditions. Any changes we make will be effective immediately on notice, which we may give by posting the new policy on the Sites, apps or through notification. Your use of the Site after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. In any case, you are advised to review this Policy periodically on the Site to ensure that you are aware of the latest version.
Contact & Redressal
Any litigation whatsoever will be governed by Indian laws and subject to the local jurisdiction of the company. If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the website, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com